TPP2 Tutorial 10 (with Nicole Line)

Monday May 17th 


Reflection 

Having left my digital submission to the side for a couple of weeks whilst focusing on final outcomes, I felt a bit out of the loop with it, I had added parts of the process to the powerpoint but not others and I was feeling a bit lost on how to move forward. I decided to use this opportunity to speak to Nicole to get some fresh eyes on a powerpoint that felt quite stagnant. 

I was also just beginning to work on my final outcomes and Nicole had some great ideas in regards to workshops and furthering the work beyond university. 

Feedback on Current Digital Submission

Keep using sketches to visualise! They bring a personal element to the body of work! 

Ideas for if you wanted to develop further!

Could you rework your cloth back into clay? Bring it full circle back to the beginning of TPP1. Could you suspend it? 

Elements of your work feel quite performative, how could you integrate performance? 

Workshops? draw on the walls, paint the negative space, block printing *reference Katie Owens 

Zines? A memento of the exhibition for those who may not be able to purchase the works.

Bring the rocks back in; walk around and draw, roll and draw again, wrap in string and print , pull your rock against the page *reference Michel Francois - charcoal, becomes continual, the rock is now in motion, recut into circles, make rubbings * reference tracy emins series 

Could you extend this with a film? if you had more time & resources?

Post Tutorial Reflection 

Nicole was a really positive influence at this point in my  project - I was pleased that she could see the narrative forming in my digital submission even when I couldn't. I think speaking to Nicole allowed me to approach my exhibition proposal with more emphasis on the exhibition as a whole and to think broadly without restraint.  




Popular Posts